Mandatory Robyn reblog
Wrecking On My Own | Miley Cyrus vs. Robyn
i like this but i don’t fully understand it…
you don’t understand how sad this is. each adult is a cross, and each child has been crucified by said cross.
- the priest (i assume he’s a priest, correct me if i’m wrong) killed the little boy in one way or another, probably rape, which is common among corrupted clergy men.
- the tourist comes to an overcrowded, poverty stricken country, taking up any and all resources that could have gone to the little native girl
- the soldier comes to fight for his country, but ends up killing the innocent girl, probably in her village.
- the little boy dies under the doctor’s knife
- the man kills the little girl in a school shooting (represented with the uniform)
- the “fat” kid is killed by obesity caused by a fast food epidemic in america, most commonly mcdonald’s, shown by ronald mcdonald himself.
Nadia Myre, Indian Act
Indian Act speaks of the realities of colonization - the effects of contact, and its often-broken and untranslated contracts. The piece consists of all 56 pages of the Canadian Federal Government’s Indian Act mounted on stroud cloth and sewn over with red and white glass beads. Each word is replaced with white beads sewn into the document; the red beads replace the negative space.
Discours et lecture de poème SILENCE = SEXE lors de la Vigile de la Journée de Lutte contre le sida.
Montréal, 1ier décembre 2012 (Parc de l’Espoir).
Capsule réalisée par Rémy Huberdeau pour le projet VIDEOQUEER en collaboration avec Radical Queer Semaine 2012 et Projet 10.